FARMVILLE - Pitt County deputies said robbery suspect Gregory Edwin Barnes turned himself into authorities Tuesday afternoon.
Deputies said Gregory E. Barnes,19, was picked up from the Farmville police department around 4p.m. Tuesday.
Deputies said Barnes is the suspect involved in an armed robbery outside a home at 3814 Glenwood Ave. around 2:30 a.m. Friday.
Deputies said that Barnes used the person's neighbor, Quinton Lamaze Payton, to draw him out of the home, then fired a shotgun into the ground.
Payton was arrested for his connection to the crime, and was placed in Pitt County Detention Center.
Barnes is charged with Robbery with a Dangerous weapon and the Intent To Kill. He is placed under a $250,000 bond.
- NOAA predicts above-average hurricane season for 2017
- Couple watches in horror as kittens tossed from moving car, run over
- Havelock Police, high school students explore the horrors of drunk driving
- Facility for developmentally disabled gets overhauled kitchen
- Coast Guard to use air units in search for local fishing crew