CARTERET COUNTY - A Cherry Point Marine was arrested for an alleged rape.
Carteret County deputies arrested 21-year-old Kyle Christian Swinscoe on Friday. The Marine was accused of raping a 20-year-old victim in Beaufort earlier in November. The suspect and the victim knew each other, deputies said.
Swinscoe was charged with one count of second-degree rape and one count of second-degree sexual offense. He was being held in the Carteret County Jail on a $50,000 bond. Swinscoe's first court appearance was scheduled for Dec. 3.
- Updated WCTI's Anna Bulszewicz announces she's leaving the anchor desk
- Updated Pence tries for damage control abroad but allies still wary
- Updated Investigation underway after teen shot in New Bern
- Updated Border Patrol shooting of Mexican goes to Supreme Court
- Updated Israeli soldier sentenced in Palestinian killing