CARTERET COUNTY - A Cherry Point Marine was arrested for an alleged rape.
Carteret County deputies arrested 21-year-old Kyle Christian Swinscoe on Friday. The Marine was accused of raping a 20-year-old victim in Beaufort earlier in November. The suspect and the victim knew each other, deputies said.
Swinscoe was charged with one count of second-degree rape and one count of second-degree sexual offense. He was being held in the Carteret County Jail on a $50,000 bond. Swinscoe's first court appearance was scheduled for Dec. 3.
- Updated Kinston teen receives national award
- Updated Kinston Zumba instructor wins award, gets studio makeover
- Updated Democrats: WH contact with FBI an 'outrageous breach'
- Vidant Beaufort Hospital sets visiting restrictions for children
- Mexican-born NASCAR driver Daniel Suarez in the Daytona 500 spotlight