CARTERET COUNTY - A Cherry Point Marine was arrested for an alleged rape.
Carteret County deputies arrested 21-year-old Kyle Christian Swinscoe on Friday. The Marine was accused of raping a 20-year-old victim in Beaufort earlier in November. The suspect and the victim knew each other, deputies said.
Swinscoe was charged with one count of second-degree rape and one count of second-degree sexual offense. He was being held in the Carteret County Jail on a $50,000 bond. Swinscoe's first court appearance was scheduled for Dec. 3.
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend