PAMLICO COUNTY - Deputies have arrested a suspect in an alleged rape in Pamlico County.
Anthony D. Thomas, 32, of Oriental, allegedly assaulted the victim between 10 p.m. on Saturday and 3 a.m. on Sunday. The victim claimed she was held against her will at the suspect's home and was eventually able to escape from the residence, deputies said.
Thomas has been charged with first-degree kidnapping, second-degree forcible rape, resisting a public officer, and assault on a government employee. He was being held in the Pamlico County Detention Center on a $250,000 Secured Bond.
- Updated White House blocks news organizations from press briefing
- New Rusted Root to headline stage at 11th annual PirateFest
- Updated Small Ohio town counts on Trump to stave off plant closures
- Updated Trump rally: CEOs of Dow companies make $400 million
- Updated Tryon Palace director no longer serving position