PAMLICO COUNTY - Deputies have arrested a suspect in an alleged rape in Pamlico County.
Anthony D. Thomas, 32, of Oriental, allegedly assaulted the victim between 10 p.m. on Saturday and 3 a.m. on Sunday. The victim claimed she was held against her will at the suspect's home and was eventually able to escape from the residence, deputies said.
Thomas has been charged with first-degree kidnapping, second-degree forcible rape, resisting a public officer, and assault on a government employee. He was being held in the Pamlico County Detention Center on a $250,000 Secured Bond.
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend