PAMLICO COUNTY - Deputies have arrested a suspect in an alleged rape in Pamlico County.
Anthony D. Thomas, 32, of Oriental, allegedly assaulted the victim between 10 p.m. on Saturday and 3 a.m. on Sunday. The victim claimed she was held against her will at the suspect's home and was eventually able to escape from the residence, deputies said.
Thomas has been charged with first-degree kidnapping, second-degree forcible rape, resisting a public officer, and assault on a government employee. He was being held in the Pamlico County Detention Center on a $250,000 Secured Bond.
- Updated Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- Updated Stranded mariners saved after writing 'SOS' in the sand
- Updated Yellowstone National Park worker falls to death
- Trump's immigration pivot a buzz kill for Coulter's book tour
- Recovering heroin addict thanks officer who arrested her