CARTERET COUNTY - Deputies have arrested a man accused of committing statutory rape on a 13-year-old in Carteret County.
According to the Carteret County Sheriff's Office, 18-year-old Braedon Isaak Beck, of Gloucester, was arrested on Tuesday.
Investigators said Beck committed statutory rape on a 13-year-old girl in July 2013. The alleged incident happened in the Down East area. No other details were released.
Beck faces two counts of statutory rape and is being held in the Carteret County Jail under a $75,000 bond, the Sheriff's Office stated. He had his first court appearance Wednesday morning.
- New Tropical Storm Matthew forms in the Caribbean could have impacts to Eastern North Carolina
- Updated 'Cat man' of Aleppo takes in hundreds of abandoned cats
- Updated Gutierrez: 'Women are watching' Donald Trump's Miss Universe issue
- End of an era: BlackBerry will stop making its own phones
- Aetna insurance will subsidize the Apple Watch