JACKSONVILLE, ONSLOW COUNTY - Investigators say an Onslow County man is charged with sex crimes against a teenage girl.
The Onslow County Sheriff's Office said deputies arrested 22-year-old Matthew Alen Maloof, of Jacksonville, on Thursday. He is charged with indecent liberties with a child and sexual battery.
According to investigators, Maloof was at the Jacksonville home of a 15-year-old girl and was lying in her bed when he kissed her.
Maloof then allegedly put his hand up the teen's shorts and violated her, said deputies. When the victim asked Maloof to stop, he left the home, investigators added.
Maloof's bond was set at $20,000.
- Updated Biden aims to reassure Turks of US support after failed coup
- Updated How should you talk to loved ones about their weight?
- Updated Oil billionaire: Trump didn't 'understand' simple fracking question
- Updated Thousands of fish die in Yellowstone River
- Inside the big banks' plan for new digital cash