MAYSVILLE, JONES COUNTY - Investigators said they have arrested most of the suspects involved in a Jones County home invasion in which the victim had to defend himself with a baseball bat.
According to Jones County Sheriff Danny Heath, deputies arrested three of the four suspects Friday: 60-year-old David Caroll (wearing hat), 50-year-old Lsander Burnette (wearing white shirt), and 23-year-old Amanda Dixon.
Sheriff Heath said the suspects robbed a male victim at his home on Maple Avenue in Maysville at about 9 p.m. Thursday.
One of the male suspects also assaulted the victim, forcing him to use a baseball bat to defend himself, said Sheriff Heath. The victim suffered minor injuries.
The victim told a NewsChannel12 reporter that the suspects attacked him for 20 minutes.
Neighbors heard yelling and saw nearly a dozen police cars at the home.
According to investigators, the victim knew the suspects. Deputies have not released the name of the remaining suspect still on the run.
- Carteret Co. Sheriff's Office investigating murder-suicide
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend
- Pine Knoll Shores officials ask public to take precautions during busy holiday
- Traveling Vietnam War memorial in Morehead City for Memorial Day weekend
- NWS confirms tornado touched down in Tyrrell County