EDGECOMBE COUNTY - The man accused of shooting another man over a woman turned himself in Sunday, according to deputies.
30-year-old Maurice Moore is charged with 2nd degree murder for the shooting death of James Brockington, Jr.
Deputies said Moore shot Brockington early Sunday morning because of a fight over a woman.
Moore is being held in Edgecombe County Detention Center without bond.
One man died and deputies are looking for another after an argument over a woman lead to a shooting, deputies said.
Sunday morning at around 1:40, Edgecombe County Deputies responded to a shooting at the 4300 block of Port Court in Country Estates Trailer Park.
Deputies said 30-year-old Maurice Moore shot another man because of a fight over a woman. Moore's whereabouts are currently unknown.
The victim, who deputies have not yet identified, was taken to the hospital and pronounced dead.
Anyone with information on Moore's location is asked to call the Edgecombe County Sheriff's Office at 252-641-7911.
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend
- Pine Knoll Shores officials ask public to take precautions during busy holiday
- Traveling Vietnam War memorial in Morehead City for Memorial Day weekend
- NWS confirms tornado touched down in Tyrrell County
- Animal control investigating chemical burns on dog found in Duplin County