WAYNE COUNTY - Three men have been charged for allegedly kidnapping a man in Wayne County and demanding a ransom, investigators said.
Hector Mendoza-Alcala, Gerardo Olera and Jose Saucedo were all arrested and charged with first-degree kidnapping, according to the Wayne County Sheriff's Office.
Investigators said the suspects kidnapped Roberto Baltazar, 47, of Dudley, near his home on Angleita Drive Monday. The suspects then allegedly called the victim's family and demanded a ransom.
Baltazar was found Thursday near Mount Olive and safely returned to his family, the Sheriff's Office said.
- Defenseless internet 'paying the price' for ignoring security
- Updated Here's how peanut butter snacks may save endangered ferrets
- Updated Canadian nurse accused of killing 8 nursing home residents
- Craven County Schools among those recognized for top graduation rate honors
- 'No kids with special needs?' Mom fights talent scout who rejected son