PITT COUNTY - Deputies have arrested two people accused of a drive-by shooting into an occupied house in Pitt County.
Following a two-month investigation, deputies arrested Aristeo Ramirez-Hernandez and Yessika Yuridia Benitez-Ocampo on Wednesday, according to the Pitt County Sheriff's Office. Both suspects have been charged with discharging a weapon into an occupied dwelling.
The suspects allegedly fired into a home on the 300 block of Homestead Drive near Greenville on Nov. 17, 2013. Two vehicles parked in the driveway were also damaged, investigators said.
Deputies said further charges may be pending. There is no word on a motive.
- Updated Death of senior leader al-Adnani caps bad month for ISIS
- Ryan Lochte's new endorsement deal is for crime prevention device
- Beaufort County deputies arrest registered sex offender living in Chocowinity
- Fire chief killed in workers' bus crash remembered as 'amazing'
- ECU professor predicts presidential election results