GREENVILLE, PITT COUNTY - A 13-year-old boy, armed with a knife in each hand, tried to rob a Dollar General in Pitt County, investigators said.
The attempted robbery happened at about 12:25 p.m. Sunday on Highway 33 East in Greenville, according to Christy Wallace, the spokesperson for the Pitt County Sheriff's Office.
The 13-year-old suspect was wearing a bandana over his face and had a knife in each hand when he demanded money from the cashier at the Dollar General, Wallace said. But the teen did not get anything and ran away.
The suspect was later found changing his clothes in a wooded area, Wallace said. He was arrested and charged with robbery with a dangerous weapon. The suspect was then taken to the Juvenile Detention Center.
No one was injured in the attempted armed robbery, deputies said.
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend