VANCE COUNTY - Deputies in North Carolina say an 11-year-old boy shot and killed his 84-year-old grandfather after the elderly man shot his adult son.
ABC affiliate WTVD reports the shooting happened at a mobile home on Cricket Creek Lane, near Kittrell in Vance County, Monday night.
The Vance County Sheriff's Office told WTVD deputies were called to the home at about 7 p.m. because of a report of a domestic dispute.
According to investigators, 84-year-old Lloyd Woodlief shot his 49-year-old son, Lloyd Peyton Woodlief, with a pistol following an argument.
Deputies said the 84-year-old Woodlief was then shot and killed by his 11-year-old grandson, who was using a 12-gauge shotgun.
The grandfather was pronounced dead at the scene, investigators told WTVD. His 49-year-old son was being treated at Duke Medical Center.
There is no word on what caused the argument.
The Sheriff's Office told WTVD the investigation is ongoing and charges are pending.
Video courtesy of WTVD.
- Updated Italy earthquake survivors: "The future is finished"
- Updated Court declines to hear appeal on Wisconsin voter ID law before election
- Man arrested in fatal stabbing of two nuns in Mississippi
- Two kayakers bound for Scotland, looking to make history
- Associated Press botches Hillary Clinton report and response