DURHAM - A dean at North Carolina Central University in Durham has been arrested on charges of assaulting a female colleague.
A warrant accuses Ontario Wooden of grabbing the woman and shoving her against a cabinet.
The warrant says the attack happened on campus on Sept. 24. It says the woman suffered scratches and bruises on her arm and shoulder.
It was not clear if Wooden has an attorney.
The school issued a statement Wednesday saying it was aware of the arrest but could not comment because it is a personnel matter.
Wooden was named dean of University College in 2011. The college guides students through their first two years at North Carolina Central.
Wooden previously had an honors program at Albany State in Georgia.
- Carteret Co. Sheriff's Office investigating murder-suicide
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend
- Pine Knoll Shores officials ask public to take precautions during busy holiday
- Traveling Vietnam War memorial in Morehead City for Memorial Day weekend
- NWS confirms tornado touched down in Tyrrell County