HATTERAS, N.C. - A deadline is approaching for vendors and businesses to obtain priority passes for the Hatteras-Ocracoke ferry route.
The N.C. Department of Transportation says vendors and businesses must verify that they provide a service to Ocracoke. They can apply for a priority pass if their company travels to Ocracoke at least twice a week, every week.
The deadline to apply is June 6. An application must be obtained at the Hatteras terminal.
The process to get a sticker takes at least one week. Passes are canceled if the sticker isn't picked up at the ferry office within three weeks of the application date.
If a business misses the deadline, priority status will be decided on a case-by-case basis. Ocracoke residents will continue to obtain their priority passes from the Ocracoke terminal.
- Tornado watch for most of Eastern NC canceled
- Tyrrell County residents brace for more after damaging Tuesday storms
- Fallen local soldier to be honored at weekend NASCAR race
- Investigators stay mum 24 hours after body thought to be missing man's found in ditch
- Many blueberry farmers picking crop earlier than normal