NEWPORT - (AP) - The National Weather Service is warning of the possibility of coastal flooding in Dare County into next week.
The Weather Service office in Newport says the advisory is in effect until 7 p.m. Wednesday.
Forecasters say winds, dune erosion and high tide will create overwash on N.C. 12 north of Cape Hatteras. The weather service says water is expected on the road a few hours before and after high tides.
The highway was badly damaged by Superstorm Sandy and has been closed at times since the storm.
- Updated Woman has baby instead of kidney stones
- Updated Trump lays out 'urban renewal' proposals
- Updated The world's busiest Rolls-Royce dealer is in Abu Dhabi
- Updated Polls: Clinton leads in New Hampshire, tied with Trump in Nevada
- Updated Syrian airstrikes hit school, killing 20 children, rescuers say