RALEIGH - A Dare County man is wondering what to do next after commissioners took no action on his request to allow him to sell seafood from a truck.
Mark Rawl of Avon had asked the county to change its zoning regulations so he could sell seafood from his truck. The former Army helicopter instructor pilot began the process last March.
County commissioners held a public hearing Tuesday. Rawl says no one responded when commission Chairman Warren Judge asked several times for a motion. He says Judge then declared the discussion had ended and recessed the hearing.
The Associated Press left a message for Judge.
Rawl says others on Hatteras Island asked him to start the seafood sales business.
- Carteret Co. Sheriff's Office investigating murder-suicide
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Pine Knoll Shores officials ask public to take precautions during busy holiday