RALEIGH - (AP) - Walter Dalton's gubernatorial campaign has asked North Carolina election officials to investigate whether Pat McCrory's campaign reported unlawful payments for a flight for South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley to attend McCrory events in September.
Dalton formally complained Wednesday to the State Board of Elections, as attorney Jerry Meek questioned if almost $2,500 of contributions from a Fayetteville couple for the flight are actually illegal corporate donations. Meek also says there's nothing in McCrory's latest campaign finance report about Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker, who attended McCrory events, too.
McCrory campaign spokesman Brian Nick calls the complaint frivolous and the campaign activities were handled according to state law. Nick said the Republican Governors Association was responsible for Walker's flight.
The board's executive director says the complaint will be considered after the election.
- Updated Microsoft expected to launch a Surface PC, Windows 10 updates
- Updated Calais Jungle: Fires rage in migrant camp
- Updated What it takes to work at a haunted house
- Updated Clinton attends Adele concert, singer says 'I am 100%' for her
- Updated Dreamworld accident: victims of theme park tragedy named