MANTEO, Dare County - A Dare County man is being charged with second degree murder in the overdose death of another man, authorities reported on Wednesday.
Gregory Wynn Jr. was arrested Tuesday after an investigation conducted by the Narcotics Task Force following an overdose death in Wanchese on Saturday. The Dare County Sheriff's Office says there are more arrests possible in connection with the overdose death.
Wynn, 40, of Manteo, is being held in the Dare County Jail on a $300,000 secured bond. He is set to appear in Dare County Superior Court on Thursday morning.
The Dare County Narcotics Task Force is comprised of members of the DCSO, Nags Head Police Department, Kitty Hawk Police Department, NC State Bureau of Investigation and the NC Alcohol Law Enforcement.
- Rare stem cell procedure performed to help local dog with kidney disease
- New Bern Board of Aldermen release new master parking plan
- Updated Restaurants open on Thanksgiving
- Two Onslow County organizations partner to provide Thanksgiving meals
- USO of Jacksonville needs your help to feed service members this Thanksgiving