BAYVIEW, BEAUFORT COUNTY - Crews continue to repair a Beaufort County home that was damaged when strong winds toppled a tree onto its roof.
According to Emergency Management Director John Pack, the tree fell onto the house on Bayview Street in Bayview, east of the town of Bath. It happened at about 4:04 p.m. Thursday, Pack said.
Pack told NewsChannel 12 the tree caused severe damage to the home's roof. But a structural engineer said the house can be fixed.
The couple who lives at the home is in Colorado, Pack said. No injuries were reported.
Pack believed straight-line winds caused the tree to topple.
- Michelle Obama fires up North Carolina crowd for Hillary Clinton
- Updated Wildlife sanctuary searches for owl lost duirng Hurricane Matthew
- Updated Dems can't get enough of FLOTUS -- and Clinton knows it
- Updated Haley 'not a fan' but will vote for Trump
- Updated Trump in 2011: Hillary Clinton 'did probably as much as anybody' for the black community