KITTY HAWK - Rescue crews are helping to evacuate residents from flooded homes on North Carolina's Outer Banks.
Crews are using jet skis and military vehicles to pull people from flooded homes on the east side of Highway 158 in Kitty Hawk where surge from Hurricane Sandy breached several areas of the beach.
Flood water has risen as high as five feet, and some people are using kayaks to self rescue. There are areas of Hwy 158 where the water is running two feet deep over the pavement.
- Updated 'China's Jack the Ripper' caught after 28 years on the run
- Trump backer tweets cartoon of Clinton in blackface
- Gold Star mom on Kaepernick: I see a flag that draped my son's casket
- Updated Sudan Shriners to hold fundraiser to assist Louisiana flood victims
- Clinton at fundraiser: 'I do not know which Donald Trump will show up' at debates