NEW BERN - A deadly fire at an assisted-living complex was probably not the result of foul play, investigators said.
Flames erupted at the Brunswick House II Apartments on Colony Drive in New Bern at around 7 p.m,. Wednesday. Firefighters confirmed one resident inside the apartment died.
Authorities were not releasing the victim's name. But neighbors said he was a man in his 60s, well known for selling clothes.
Other residents at apartment had been evacuated. No other injuries were reported.
The cause of the blaze was unknown.
- Updated Death of senior leader al-Adnani caps bad month for ISIS
- Ryan Lochte's new endorsement deal is for crime prevention device
- Beaufort County deputies arrest registered sex offender living in Chocowinity
- Fire chief killed in workers' bus crash remembered as 'amazing'
- ECU professor predicts presidential election results