BEAUFORT COUNTY - Crews have finished restoring power to almost 1,700 households after a garbage truck crashed into a power pole in Beaufort County.
According to Tideland EMC, power was fully restored before 11 a.m. Monday.
Tideland reported that 1,693 members lost power after the wreck at Highway 99 at Seed Tick Neck Road. The accident happened at about 6:45 a.m. Monday.
No injuries were reported. There is no word on what exactly caused the crash.
- One person injured in Greenville shooting
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating