HAMILTON, MARTIN COUNTY - Martin county fire departments were on scene a house fire Wednesday night, according to dispatchers.
The fire was reported at about 8:08 p.m. Wednesday at a home on South Street in Hamilton, said officials.
There were very few details available until investigators could elaborate on the facts but dispatchers said crews were at the scene for roughly two hours.
There was no immediate word on injuries or the amount of damage done to the home.
Officials were exploring a potential cause for the fire.
- Carteret Co. Sheriff's Office investigating murder-suicide
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Pine Knoll Shores officials ask public to take precautions during busy holiday