ONSLOW COUNTY - Eight fire departments battled an overnight house fire in Onslow County.
The scene was on the 100 block of Hartsfield Road, which is between Sneads Ferry and Holly Ridge.
The two-story home is a total loss, a fire official said.
Crews got the call about 8 p.m., and arrived to find fire throughout the home.
The resident was not home at the time; no one was hurt.
Firefighters were on the scene for approximately six hours.
The cause was not released, but is not considered suspicious, a fire official said.
- New Havelock PD seeks person of interest in club stabbing
- New Seven Springs man ends up in ICU after fight with detention officers
- Suspects in animal cruelty case to appear in court Monday
- National Boat Safety Week encourages safety in the water
- Pitt County NAACP to hold meeting to discuss families, mental health