ONSLOW COUNTY - A Craven County deputy is recovering tonight after a wreck in Onslow County.
The Highway Patrol says the wreck, involving one other car, happened on Highway 17 South near Kellum Loop Road.
Troopers say the deputy was not at fault and Ross Briscoe, 81, of Stella will be charged with failure to yield.
The deputy was traveling to Brunswick County to transport a juvenile around 3:45 Saturday afternoon. A passenger vehicle was making a left onto Highway 17 and pulled out in front of the deputy, according to troopers.
The passenger car had 3 people in it at the time of the crash. Only minor injuries were reported.
- Updated Kinston teen receives national award
- Updated Kinston Zumba instructor wins award, gets studio makeover
- Updated Democrats: WH contact with FBI an 'outrageous breach'
- Vidant Beaufort Hospital sets visiting restrictions for children
- Mexican-born NASCAR driver Daniel Suarez in the Daytona 500 spotlight