IRWIN, Pa. - Western Pennsylvania police say a father and son had both been drinking before the younger man crashed into a utility pole and was then given a ride home by his father.
Online court records don't list attorneys for 30-year-old Adam Augustine and his father, 61-year-old Francis Augustine, both of Irwin. They face preliminary hearings on drunken driving charges Oct. 30.
The Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reports Thursday that Adam Augustine crashed his vehicle in Penn Township on Sept. 16 after golfing and watching football earlier that day.
Adam Augustine then called his father for a ride home. Police say Francis Augustine had been drinking at home before police on their way to the crash encountered their vehicle, also containing a woman identified as Adam's mother and Francis Augustine's wife.
Police say all three were arguing about who should drive.
- Updated 'Moonlight' named best picture by L.A. Film Critics
- Updated Trump warns Wall Street: I'm going to cut drug prices
- Updated Michelle Obama: I went to bed before Trump won
- Updated India's central bank says cash crisis is hurting the economy
- President Obama marks 75th anniversary of Pearl Harbor attack