CRAVEN COUNTY - Crews are on scene of a two-car crash with injuries that's causes traffic backup at an intersection where two highways meet.
The scene is at the intersection of Highways 17 and 43; crews got the call at around 4:00 p.m. Monday. Troopers said a man driving a red pickup truck on Highway 17 was hit by a woman driving a blue pickup truck crossing the highway at the intersection. The female driver was transported to Vidant Medical Center in serious condition; two others in the blue pickup, as well as the driver of the red pickup, were transported to CarolinaEast Medical Center.
That area was temporarily closed to traffic, but since has opened back to traffic.
Charges are pending in the crash. The identities of those involved have not been released.
- Updated How Hillary Clinton prepped for debate
- Updated Reunited at last: Elderly couple who broke hearts moved to same home
- Updated Relaunch of Galaxy Note 7 in South Korea delayed
- Updated Houston shooting: Police say they've shot suspect
- Updated Deutsche Bank shares plunge to lowest level in 20 years