DUPLIN COUNTY - A highway is closed in Duplin County following a vehicle accident Friday morning.
According to the North Carolina Department of Transportation, N.C. Hwy 11 is closed from Stallings Road to N.C. Hwy 41.
A vehicle accident brought down power lines, according to officials.
The Highway Patrol, along with police, are on the scene to redirect traffic.
The road is expected to reopen at noon Friday.
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend