PLYMOUTH, WASHINGTON COUNTY - A Washington County couple was without a home early Tuesday after an overnight fire.
According to a Washington County official, the home was located at 320 W. Main Street in Plymouth. Emergency crews got the call at about 1 a.m. Tuesday.
When crews arrived the home was fully engulfed in flames, according to officials.
The home is a total loss.
Fire officials believe the blaze was caused by a faulty baseboard heater. There were no injuries reported.
It's believed the couple was renting the home.
- Fallen local soldier to be honored at weekend NASCAR race
- Investigators stay mum 24 hours after body thought to be missing man's found in ditch
- Many blueberry farmers picking crop earlier than normal
- Demolition date set for old New Bern Days Inn
- Tyrrell County residents brace for more after damaging Tuesday storms