JACKSONVILLE - Police have released the name of the Camp Lejeune Marine they say shot and killed his wife before turning the gun on himself.
The alleged shooter has been identified as Jeremy Hall, 22, of Amanda, Ohio. Police identify the alleged victim as Jessica Hart-Hall, 22, also of Amanda, Ohio. According to a news release, Jeremy was an active-duty Marine stationed at Camp Lejeune.
Investigators said Jessica suffered from two gunshot wounds, and Jeremy had one self-inflicted gunshot wound.
Police say they are investigating an apparent murder-suicide at a home in Jacksonville. The home is located on Hargett Street, which is off Lejeune Boulevard near the Highway 17 Bypass. Jacksonville Police received a call just after 12:30 p.m.
Captain Houston said police went to the home after they received a call from a concerned parent. When no one answered the door, police decided to enter the home. That's when the bodies were discovered.
"We appreciate the cooperation and assistance of the Naval Criminal Investigative Services", stated Captain Billy Houston, who leads the agency's Investigative Services Division.
Bradford Maynard lives nearby. Maynard said the couple welcomed him into the neighborhood three months ago. Maynard said they seemed like good, level-headed people.
- Carteret Co. Sheriff's Office investigating murder-suicide
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Pine Knoll Shores officials ask public to take precautions during busy holiday