JONES COUNTY - A couple is arrested in Jones County on charges of insurance fraud.
According to Insurance Commissioner Wayne Goodwin, Johnny Ball, 49, and Joni Ball, 49, both of 154 Kitty Noecker Road, Pink Hill were arrested.
The Department of Insurance say the couple submitted a fraudulent claim to Nationwide Agribusiness Insurance Company in the amount of $6,000 for the rental of a camper after a fire at their shared Jones County residence in February 2010.
Investigators accuse the couple of not renting a camper and manufacturing a fraudulent receipt.
The couple was arrested in Jones County on Aug. 22 and placed under a $10,000 unsecured bond.
Both are charged with one felony count of insurance fraud and one count of obtaining property by false pretense.
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend