MONROE, UNION COUNTY - A Union County couple charged after an 11-year-old boy was found handcuffed to a porch with a dead chicken tied to his neck is due in court.
Wanda Sue Larson and Dorian Harper are scheduled to appear in court on Monday on child abuse charges.
Larson and Harper were arrested in November after a Union County sheriff's deputy found the boy on the porch. The couple now faces a 21-count indictment that spells out the abuse that investigators say occurred in their home between August and November.
The couple had guardianship of the boy. Larson, a former child-protection investigations supervisor with the county Department of Social Services, is also indicted for failing to report the abuse.
A judge is expected to appoint their attorneys on Monday.
- 49ers QB sits during national anthem in protest
- Man arrested in fatal stabbing of 2 nuns in Mississippi
- Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- A state politician voicing concerns over the Whitewater Center reopening following amoeba death
- Syria barrel bomb attack: At least 16 killed at wake in Aleppo