BELHAVEN, BEAUFORT COUNTY - A couple from Snow Hill is accused of using a fraudulent prescription to buy drugs.
Deputies stopped Brittany Midgette and Usiris Hernandez on Friday while they were leaving a pharmacy in Belhaven.
They say Midgette used a fake prescription to buy Oxycodone from the pharmacy. When deputies searched their car, they say they found Oxycodone and marijuana worth $4,500.
Midgette and Hernandez are charged with Level II Trafficking in Opiates by Transport, Level II Trafficking in Opiates by Possession, Conspiracy to Traffic in Opiates and Obtain a Prescription by fraud.
Hernandez was also charged with Possession of Schedule II Controlled Substance, Possession of Marijuana and Possession of Drug Paraphernalia.
Hernandez is under a $40,000 secured bond. Midgette is under a $25,000 secured bond. Both are in the Beaufort County Detention Center.
- Updated 'China's Jack the Ripper' caught after 28 years on the run
- Trump backer tweets cartoon of Clinton in blackface
- Gold Star mom on Kaepernick: I see a flag that draped my son's casket
- Sudan Shriners to hold fundraiser to assist Louisiana flood victims
- Clinton at fundraiser: 'I do not know which Donald Trump will show up' at debates