BELHAVEN, BEAUFORT COUNTY - A couple from Snow Hill is accused of using a fraudulent prescription to buy drugs.
Deputies stopped Brittany Midgette and Usiris Hernandez on Friday while they were leaving a pharmacy in Belhaven.
They say Midgette used a fake prescription to buy Oxycodone from the pharmacy. When deputies searched their car, they say they found Oxycodone and marijuana worth $4,500.
Midgette and Hernandez are charged with Level II Trafficking in Opiates by Transport, Level II Trafficking in Opiates by Possession, Conspiracy to Traffic in Opiates and Obtain a Prescription by fraud.
Hernandez was also charged with Possession of Schedule II Controlled Substance, Possession of Marijuana and Possession of Drug Paraphernalia.
Hernandez is under a $40,000 secured bond. Midgette is under a $25,000 secured bond. Both are in the Beaufort County Detention Center.
- Updated Tornado watch continues for most of Eastern NC
- Tyrrell County residents brace for more after damaging Tuesday storms
- Fallen local soldier to be honored at weekend NASCAR race
- Investigators stay mum 24 hours after body thought to be missing man's found in ditch
- Many blueberry farmers picking crop earlier than normal