LEXINGTON, Miss. - A coroner says a 78-year-old Mississippi man has died two weeks after he was mistakenly pronounced deceased and woke up in a body bag at a funeral home.
Holmes County Coroner Dexter Howard says Walter Williams died at his home in Lexington around 1 a.m. Thursday. The cause was not released.
He was 78 years old.
Williams was rushed to a hospital and he was released a few days later. Doctors say a mix of medicines may have caused his vital signs to appear unresponsive.
Family members also said Williams' pacemaker may have stopped working and started again.
- Updated Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- New Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend