ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. - Police say an Albuquerque man stopped a would-be car burglar by sitting on the perpetrator until authorities arrived.
KOAT-TV reports that a newly released police video showed Rene Huerta sitting on top of burglary suspect Michael Chavez earlier this month after Huerta said he caught Chavez breaking into his Chevy Tahoe.
According to the criminal complaint, Huerta heard his alarm going off then saw two men rummaging through his SUV.
Police said Huerta chased Chavez, fought with him and then sat on him until officers arrived.
Chavez is heard telling police "thank you!" when officers arrived and got Huerta off of him.
Chavez was charged with auto burglary.
It was unclear if had an attorney.
- Updated Local pharmacist recommends ways to save on EpiPens
- Updated Chicago police move to fire officers in Laquan McDonald shooting
- Updated NBA rookies say Kinston's Ingram will have best career
- Updated Trump lifts ban on media outlets, at least for pool duty
- New Silver alert issued for missing Washington woman