DURHAM - Investigators in Durham say a 13-year-old girl has died after being shot by a 15-year-old boy.
Authorities said the girl was shot Friday and died Monday in the hospital from her injuries.
The boy was originally charged as a juvenile with assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill. Authorities say those charges will be upgraded after the girl's death.
Police say the victim and the boy are related, but they have not said how. They are trying to figure out what led to the shooting.
- Updated Hope that someone gets my message in a bottle - and someone did ... 50 years later
- Updated Deputies looking to identify man wanted for questioning in fraud case
- Updated Mediterranean migrant deaths reach record level in 2016
- Updated Megyn Kelly's epic clash with Newt Gingrich
- Updated Dogs go on poop patrol to sniff out fecal bacteria