DURHAM - Investigators in Durham say a 13-year-old girl has died after being shot by a 15-year-old boy.
Authorities said the girl was shot Friday and died Monday in the hospital from her injuries.
The boy was originally charged as a juvenile with assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill. Authorities say those charges will be upgraded after the girl's death.
Police say the victim and the boy are related, but they have not said how. They are trying to figure out what led to the shooting.
- Former Windsor police officer convicted for role in narcotics ring
- Law enforcement investigating deputy-involved shooting in Ayden
- 9-year-old girl dies following head on car collision
- Woman sent to the hospital following car crash with log truck
- Updated Police name Manchester bomber as 22-year-old Salman Abedi