A Pamlico County man is sentenced to prison time for possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.
DeWayne Styron, 31, of Arapahoe, was convicted Tuesday in Craven County Superior Court.
In January, Styron got into a fight with his girlfriend and pulled out a gun at their home on Windy Trail in New Bern, police said.
Styron also pleaded guilty to assaulting the victim by threatening the use of the gun. He was sentenced to between 15 to 27 months in prison.
- Updated NOAA predicts above-average hurricane season for 2017
- Updated Couple watches in horror as kittens tossed from moving car, run over
- Havelock Police, high school students explore the horrors of drunk driving
- Updated Facility for developmentally disabled gets overhauled kitchen
- Coast Guard to use air units in search for local fishing crew