A Pamlico County man is sentenced to prison time for possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.
DeWayne Styron, 31, of Arapahoe, was convicted Tuesday in Craven County Superior Court.
In January, Styron got into a fight with his girlfriend and pulled out a gun at their home on Windy Trail in New Bern, police said.
Styron also pleaded guilty to assaulting the victim by threatening the use of the gun. He was sentenced to between 15 to 27 months in prison.
- New BREAKING NEWS: Man stabbed by girlfriend in New Bern
- Updated Blast near Bogota bullring injures 31, many of them police, reports say
- Updated Limbaugh on the news media: 'They're enemies of Trump'
- State high school basketball playoff pairings released
- Police search for suspect in deaths of Indiana teens who vanished on hike