A Pamlico County man is sentenced to prison time for possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.
DeWayne Styron, 31, of Arapahoe, was convicted Tuesday in Craven County Superior Court.
In January, Styron got into a fight with his girlfriend and pulled out a gun at their home on Windy Trail in New Bern, police said.
Styron also pleaded guilty to assaulting the victim by threatening the use of the gun. He was sentenced to between 15 to 27 months in prison.
- Updated Scientists discover coin-sized night frogs in India
- Updated SpaceX aborts space station docking
- New Doctor says coyote followed him into work
- Updated Divisive rhetoric from leaders like Trump, Duterte threatens human rights, Amnesty says
- How some European countries are tightening their refugee policies