RALEIGH, WAKE COUNTY - The N.C. Department of Transportation says most construction projects along state and U.S. routes will be suspended for the Labor Day weekend.
A statement from the department said the projects will be suspended from 4 p.m. Friday until 9 a.m. on Tuesday, Sept. 2.
However, work will be ongoing for nine projects across the state, including the Fortify project involving Interstate 440 in Raleigh. The department also says I-40 West in Canton in Haywood County is reduced to two lanes between mile markers 37 and 34 for median work;
Also, N.C. 94 in Fairfield in Hyde County is reduced to one lane for a culvert replacement project on the Lake Mattamuskeet causeway.
- 49ers QB sits during national anthem in protest
- Man arrested in fatal stabbing of 2 nuns in Mississippi
- Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- A state politician voicing concerns over the Whitewater Center reopening following amoeba death
- Syria barrel bomb attack: At least 16 killed at wake in Aleppo