RALEIGH, WAKE COUNTY - The N.C. Department of Transportation says most construction projects along state and U.S. routes will be suspended for the Labor Day weekend.
A statement from the department said the projects will be suspended from 4 p.m. Friday until 9 a.m. on Tuesday, Sept. 2.
However, work will be ongoing for nine projects across the state, including the Fortify project involving Interstate 440 in Raleigh. The department also says I-40 West in Canton in Haywood County is reduced to two lanes between mile markers 37 and 34 for median work;
Also, N.C. 94 in Fairfield in Hyde County is reduced to one lane for a culvert replacement project on the Lake Mattamuskeet causeway.
- Updated 'Pizzagate' shooting suspect pleads guilty
- Updated NFL seeking Thursday Night Football livestream partner
- Updated Extra security added to several Onslow County schools after alleged threat posted to social media
- Updated Investors yank $8.9 billion from US stocks
- Missing Tennessee student: School chief appeals for girl's safe return