GREENVILLE - U.S. Rep. Walter Jones has had successful kidney stone surgery.
Jones' office said the 70-year-old Republican has several kidney stones removed Monday at Vidant Medical Center in Greenville. A spokesman says the congressman will take some time off to rest before returning to his regular duty.
Jones was elected to his 10th term serving North Carolina's 3rd District in 2012. The district includes much of the state's northern coast and extends inland to include parts of Wayne, Wilson and Nash counties.
- Updated WCTI's Anna Bulszewicz announces she's leaving the anchor desk
- Updated Pence tries for damage control abroad but allies still wary
- Updated Investigation underway after teen shot in New Bern
- Updated Border Patrol shooting of Mexican goes to Supreme Court
- Updated Israeli soldier sentenced in Palestinian killing