GREENVILLE - U.S. Rep. Walter Jones has had successful kidney stone surgery.
Jones' office said the 70-year-old Republican has several kidney stones removed Monday at Vidant Medical Center in Greenville. A spokesman says the congressman will take some time off to rest before returning to his regular duty.
Jones was elected to his 10th term serving North Carolina's 3rd District in 2012. The district includes much of the state's northern coast and extends inland to include parts of Wayne, Wilson and Nash counties.
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend
- Pine Knoll Shores officials ask public to take precautions during busy holiday
- Traveling Vietnam War memorial in Morehead City for Memorial Day weekend
- NWS confirms tornado touched down in Tyrrell County
- Animal control investigating chemical burns on dog found in Duplin County