NAVASSA, N.C. - A new company plans to hire 50 people to build boats at a new plant in Brunswick County.
The 33rd Strike Group said it will build the plant to make 18-foot aluminum catamaran motorboats at the new plant in Navassa.
Brunswick County Economic Development Commission director Jim Bradshaw says the company is renovating a plant, and it will open in May.
It is not yet taking job applications.
Bradshaw says the new company was attracted to the area because a couple of boat manufacturers had closed in the area. Bradshaw says The 33rd Strike Group knows there are workers in the area who know how to build boats.
- Updated White House denies wrongdoing in conversations with FBI
- Updated JPD needs public's help identifying man wanted for questioning
- Updated India breaks taboos with new sex ed manual
- New Patriots' Gronkowski: 'No doubt' he will be ready for 2017
- Updated Judge: Only 1 other accuser can testify at Cosby trial