NAVASSA, N.C. - A new company plans to hire 50 people to build boats at a new plant in Brunswick County.
The 33rd Strike Group said it will build the plant to make 18-foot aluminum catamaran motorboats at the new plant in Navassa.
Brunswick County Economic Development Commission director Jim Bradshaw says the company is renovating a plant, and it will open in May.
It is not yet taking job applications.
Bradshaw says the new company was attracted to the area because a couple of boat manufacturers had closed in the area. Bradshaw says The 33rd Strike Group knows there are workers in the area who know how to build boats.
- 49ers QB sits during national anthem in protest
- Man arrested in fatal stabbing of 2 nuns in Mississippi
- Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- Updated Italy earthquake: Amid the rubble, a couple says 'I do'
- Updated Donald Trump: Mika must apologize for 'gang attack' on Pastor Mark Burns