BEAUFORT COUNTY - Ernie Coleman will be running against Al Whitney for Beaufort County sheriff.
Voting results revealed overnight that Coleman beat Harry Meredith on the Republican side of Tuesday's runoff election.
Coleman won by a wide margin of 58 percent to 41 percent for Meredith.
On the Democratic side, Whitney won against Russell Davenport by the same margin of 58 percent to 41 percent.
Coleman and Whitney will face off in November in the general election.
Incumbent Beaufort County Sheriff Alan Jordan did not seek re-election.
- Vietnam Traveling Memorial Wall arrives in Morehead City
- NOAA predicts above-average hurricane season for 2017
- Couple watches in horror as kittens tossed from moving car, run over
- Havelock Police, high school students explore the horrors of drunk driving
- Facility for developmentally disabled gets overhauled kitchen