ASHBORO, N.C. - The North Carolina Zoo will be closed on Tuesday because of the bitter cold weather expected in the state.
Zoo director David Jones said the decision to close Tuesday is based on concern for visitors and staff.
Temperatures are expected to be in the single digits, with wind chills below zero Tuesday morning.
Jones says the staff is being asked to report for work as usual.
The zoo plans to open as usual Wednesday as weather conditions are expected to return to near normal temperatures. The zoo will be open from 9 a.m. until 4 p.m. Wednesday.
- Updated Trent Woods road closing for repairs starting Sept. 6
- Updated Man arrested in Greenville on drug possession charges
- Updated Badges save officers struck by bullets
- New Bern Shrine Club holding donation drive for Louisiana flood victims
- Greenville completes Watershed Masterplan study to address drainage needs