WANCHESE - The Coast Guard suspended its search Thursday for a boater, who disappeared in Dare County.
Coast Guardsmen did not explain why they are putting off the search for 51-year-old Jeffery Paul McCusker.
According to investigators, McCusker's vehicle had been at the Mill Landing Road Boat Ramp, in Wanchese on Roanoke Island, since Thursday, Jan. 31. A friend called the Coast Guard late Tuesday night, and a search began Wednesday.
Dare County deputies said they found McCusker's wallet and driver's license in the vehicle.
The Coast Guard believed McCusker was in a 15-foot boat.
Anyone with information on McCusker's whereabouts is asked to call the Coast Guard Sector North Carolina at 910-343-3882.
- Updated White House blocks news organizations from press briefing
- New Rusted Root to headline stage at 11th annual PirateFest
- Updated Small Ohio town counts on Trump to stave off plant closures
- Updated Trump rally: CEOs of Dow companies make $400 million
- Updated Tryon Palace director no longer serving position