WANCHESE - The Coast Guard suspended its search Thursday for a boater, who disappeared in Dare County.
Coast Guardsmen did not explain why they are putting off the search for 51-year-old Jeffery Paul McCusker.
According to investigators, McCusker's vehicle had been at the Mill Landing Road Boat Ramp, in Wanchese on Roanoke Island, since Thursday, Jan. 31. A friend called the Coast Guard late Tuesday night, and a search began Wednesday.
Dare County deputies said they found McCusker's wallet and driver's license in the vehicle.
The Coast Guard believed McCusker was in a 15-foot boat.
Anyone with information on McCusker's whereabouts is asked to call the Coast Guard Sector North Carolina at 910-343-3882.
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend
- Pine Knoll Shores officials ask public to take precautions during busy holiday
- Traveling Vietnam War memorial in Morehead City for Memorial Day weekend
- NWS confirms tornado touched down in Tyrrell County
- Animal control investigating chemical burns on dog found in Duplin County