The Coast Guard Medevaced a woman Friday from a 45-foot sailboat at the entrance of the Cape Fear River near Wilmington.
Crew members aboard the sailboat Valaudrey contacted the Coast Guard at about 5 p.m., reporting a woman had lost consciousness.
The crew took the 66-year-old woman to Station Oak Island, where she was met by awaiting Brunswick County emergency medical services personnel.
- Updated Trump's special guests for congressional speech hint at a focus on immigration
- Updated Muhammad Ali's son says he was detained at airport because he's Muslim
- Updated Don't expect this Asian tech giant to do a high-profile meeting with Trump
- Updated Deputy al Qaeda leader killed In Syria
- Updated India's economy shrugs off cash crisis to post 7% growth