The Coast Guard Medevaced a woman Friday from a 45-foot sailboat at the entrance of the Cape Fear River near Wilmington.
Crew members aboard the sailboat Valaudrey contacted the Coast Guard at about 5 p.m., reporting a woman had lost consciousness.
The crew took the 66-year-old woman to Station Oak Island, where she was met by awaiting Brunswick County emergency medical services personnel.
- Man arrested in fatal stabbing of 2 nuns in Mississippi
- Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- Updated Rhymefest's angry tweet draws Chicago police apology
- Amid Zika fears, Florida theme parks offer mosquito repellent
- Vandemere Waterfront Park reopens five years after Hurricane Irene destruction