PORTSMOUTH, Va. - Two people were medevaced Sunday morning from a Carnival cruise ship, 135 miles southeast of Cape Hatteras.
According to a Coast Guard release, A 25-year-old man and 60-year-old woman were rescued at 5:45 a.m. from the Carnival Splendor after being reported sick and in need of medical attention. The pair were hoisted onto a helicopter and flown to New Hanover Regional Medical Center.
The two people are listed in stable condition. No word on the circumstances of the pairs' sickness.
- Updated Doctor: I wrote Trump's bill of health in 5 minutes
- Updated Trent Woods road closing for repairs starting Sept. 6
- Updated Man arrested in Greenville on drug possession charges
- Updated Badges save officers struck by bullets
- New Bern Shrine Club holding donation drive for Louisiana flood victims