OREGON INLET - The Coast Guard rescued a loggerhead sea turtle in the Oregon Inlet over the weekend.
Watchstanders at Coast Guard Sector North Carolina in Wilmington received a call from a good Samaritan boater, who said the turtle was tangled in a line and dragging a plastic bucket near the Bonner Bridge Sunday.
A 24-foot special purpose craft from Station Oregon Inlet, along with a National Park Service agent with a degree in zoology, were sent to free the turtle and assess its condition, the Coast Guard said.
The crew took the turtle aboard the craft and freed it from the line.
The National Park Service agent determined that the turtle was in good health with minimal injuries, so the team released it back into the water.
- Updated Brooklyn's coolest hotels and hottest hangouts
- Updated Trump has 3,643 websites that range from TrumpEmpire.com to TrumpFraud.org
- Updated Snapchat Spectacles now for sale online
- Updated Angelina Jolie opens up about family after split with Brad Pitt
- Trump's promises hit Washington reality in first month