CAPE HATTERAS - The U.S. Coast Guard has released its report of the 2012 sinking of the HMS Bounty off Cape Hatteras.
The investigation faults the captain and management of the ship for sailing into Hurricane Sandy in poor conditions and with an inexperienced crew. The captain and one crew member died in the accident.
The report says the HMS Bounty organization chose to meet only the minimum standards of a recreational vessel, not tougher requirements of a passenger ship. The ship was built for the 1962 film "Mutiny on the Bounty."
The report recommends the U.S. Coast Guard review its policy on the operation of such show vessels.
- Updated Police monitoring crosswalks and school zones on first day
- Updated Mark Zuckerberg hopes to demo his AI butler next month
- Updated Woman sues Milwaukee Brewers over foul ball incident
- Updated Japan's first passenger jet had a nightmare weekend
- Updated Study: Most adults with depression aren't treated