BEAR INLET - The Coast Guard said they worked with a good Samaritan to rescue a man after his boat capsized near Camp Lejeune.
The victim's 16-foot boat began taking on water at about 1 p.m. Wednesday at the entrance to Bear Inlet, according to the Coast Guard.
The boat capsized, but a good Samaritan arrived at the scene and pulled the 39-year-old man out of the water, said officials. A Coast Guard crew from Emerald Isle then picked the victim up and took him to shore.
There were no reports of injuries, the Coast Guard said. Tow Boat U.S. and North Carolina Marine Patrol were able to salvage the boat.
- Carteret Co. Sheriff's Office investigating murder-suicide
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend
- Pine Knoll Shores officials ask public to take precautions during busy holiday
- Traveling Vietnam War memorial in Morehead City for Memorial Day weekend
- NWS confirms tornado touched down in Tyrrell County