BEAR INLET - The Coast Guard said they worked with a good Samaritan to rescue a man after his boat capsized near Camp Lejeune.
The victim's 16-foot boat began taking on water at about 1 p.m. Wednesday at the entrance to Bear Inlet, according to the Coast Guard.
The boat capsized, but a good Samaritan arrived at the scene and pulled the 39-year-old man out of the water, said officials. A Coast Guard crew from Emerald Isle then picked the victim up and took him to shore.
There were no reports of injuries, the Coast Guard said. Tow Boat U.S. and North Carolina Marine Patrol were able to salvage the boat.
- Updated Police monitoring crosswalks and school zones on first day
- Updated Mark Zuckerberg hopes to demo his AI butler next month
- Updated Woman sues Milwaukee Brewers over foul ball incident
- Updated Japan's first passenger jet had a nightmare weekend
- Updated Study: Most adults with depression aren't treated