ATLANTIC BEACH - The Coast Guard has flown a woman ashore who became ill on a boat about 14 miles southwest of Atlantic Beach.
The Coast Guard in Wilmington reported the operator of the Poseydon Dive called for help shortly after noon Sunday, saying a 57-year-old woman was losing consciousness.
The Coast Guard station at Fort Macon in Atlantic Beach sent a boat to help. A second boat brought two emergency medical technicians from the Atlantic Beach Fire Department to assist with medical care.
She was brought to shore and taken to Carteret General Hospital in Morehead City. There was no word on her condition. Her name was not released.
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend