PITT COUNTY - The Junior Varsity Girls Basketball coach at D.H. Conley High School had a kidney transplant last year. Now, he and his team are hoping to raise awareness about organ donation.
Coach William Knight is planning to host a jamboree and health fair at D.H. Conley High School on Saturday, Nov. 9. Knight said the purpose of the event is to raise awareness about saving lives through donating organs.
The jamboree will be a scrimmage event, where basketball teams can play each other before the season begins. There will also be a bloodmobile at the school from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. that day.
Knight said he hopes the event will give people the information they need to sign up for donating organs.
- Updated Beauty school abruptly closes all 79 campuses
- Updated Come show your support at "Get Your Pink On" in New Bern
- New Woman charged with fatally shooting husband is expected in court
- Sewer repairs prompt partial road closure in Jacksonville
- Gary Johnson struggles to name a world leader he respects