PITT COUNTY - The Junior Varsity Girls Basketball coach at D.H. Conley High School had a kidney transplant last year. Now, he and his team are hoping to raise awareness about organ donation.
Coach William Knight is planning to host a jamboree and health fair at D.H. Conley High School on Saturday, Nov. 9. Knight said the purpose of the event is to raise awareness about saving lives through donating organs.
The jamboree will be a scrimmage event, where basketball teams can play each other before the season begins. There will also be a bloodmobile at the school from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. that day.
Knight said he hopes the event will give people the information they need to sign up for donating organs.
- Updated Jimmy Choo's stock is spiking. Here's why
- Updated 'The Rock' is Hollywood's highest paid actor
- Updated Hillary Clinton's California swing yields $19 million in 72 hours
- Updated Celebrate National Parks' 100th birthday by joining Obama on a (virtual) tour of Yosemite
- Updated Baby found in vomit saved