KINSTON, LENOIR COUNTY - The Confederate warship CSS Neuse has a new home in Kinston.
State and local officials are scheduled to dedicate a new highway marker for the Civil War-era ironclad on Thursday, and celebrate the opening of the new CSS Neuse Civil War Interpretive Center.
After years of being kept outdoors and exposed to the elements, the warship was moved last year to its new location in downtown Kinston.
While the interpretive center will be open for guests, it is still under construction and won't be fully completed until mid-2014.
The Neuse was built late in the war and only participated in one skirmish in 1865.
- Updated Number of vehicle and apartment break-ins reported in Greenville
- Updated A local family's battle with addiction
- Updated US calls Philippines President's Hitler comments 'troubling'
- Worried about fake bank accounts in your name?
- Updated El Cajon police release video of fatal officer-involved shooting